Saturday, 17 May 2008

My Complaint to Maxis

I tried to submit a complaint via the Maxis website but got this when I clicked 'Submit'



I tried a couple of times with the same error popping out. I even went over to another channel to submit, with the same error. I'm beginning to think that it was done on purpose.

So, what is one of the best way to make sure my complaint is heard?

I'm pasting my complaint here.

Hi there. This probably came in a little bit too late. It has been about a year since I converted my postpaid account to fall under my company's corporate package. In March 2007, the HR department held a HR week for all the staff, inviting Maxis, KWSP, banks etc to set up stalls in the premises for this purpose. What caught my eye was the promotion at the Maxis booth. FREE mobile phone for any corporate registration during the week. I forgot what was the exact phone model but it was a Motorola and and a Nokia model. So of course I registered. I have been a loyal Maxis customer for many years now and am not thinking of changing to any other telco company in the near future. Back to the story, I asked if the free phone (I chose the Motorola model) can be collected from Maxis, and the sales rep said no, but it will be delivered to the office. So, OK I waited. After a month, my colleagues who opted for the Nokia model got his, but me and another colleague of mine who chose Motorola still have not received ours. Never mind, we waited patiently. Then the 2nd and 3rd and the 4th month went by without any news. I went over to the Maxis centre at Carrefour Subang (I did not know where to go ask but I remembered the lady sales rep who registered me at that outlet) to ask what happened. She gave a blur look, asked her colleague and gave me a number to call. No answer to that number. Because WORK and LIFE caught up, I did not manage to pursue the matter after that and when I wanted to, it has been months after that. But I was pissed!
Just recently I went over to the new Maxis centre at Sunway Pyramid to enquire about the change of mobile plan, which I was told I could NOT because of the 2 year corporate plan I was tied up to. Well, I am thinking of upgrading my current plan to a higher one, but I cannot do so because of the contract. How come there is not flexibility in the contract which can allow me to UPGRADE my plan? How can Maxis not foresee that their customers may want an increase of usage over the period of 2 years, and not allowing them to upgrade their plan? That is so NOT customer oriented. It is also something that made me bring up the free mobile phone matter again. One of your agents suggested I note down my complaints online so here it is.
COMPLAIN NO. 1 - REGISTERING MYSELF THE COMPANY'S CORPORATE PLAN WILL ENTITLE ME TO A NEW NOKIA/MOTOROLA PHONE. AFTER NUMEROUS CHASING, I AM STILL YET TO RECEIVE MY FREE PHONE. IT HAS BEEN 13 MONTHS SINCE I LAST REGISTERED. IT MAY NOT BEEN PURSUED ACTIVELY BUT DEFINITELY NOT FORGOTTEN.
COMPLAIN NO.2 - I WANT TO UPGRADE MY TALK PLAN BUT THE 2 YEAR CORPORATE CONTRACT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO. UPGRADE! NOT DOWNGRADE! HOW CAN THERE BE NOT A WAY???
I sincerely hope someone can SERIOUSLY look into this matter. Any more of this and I can start shopping somewhere else for better service. It does not need to be the best telco plan in town, but I will be happier if the human service is better than Maxis.

Oh, and by the way, I'm publishing this complaint on my blog.

Thank you and regards.

Should I submit a copy of this complaint to the Ministry of Information?

7 burp(s):

~ayoi~ said...

Ministry of Information got nothing to do with the telco. Its under the purview of Ministry of Energy, Water and Communications.

However, if there's no follow up from Maxis, its best to forward your complaints to Ministry of Domestic Trades and Consumer Affairs.

Good luck

Michelle Ho said...

I was trying to figure out which ministry to write to. Thanks for the tip!

And I still have not submitted my complaint via the Maxis website. Seems to always be in 'error' mode!

Sharlotte said...

“This is a real rip off!” “What a scam!” You may repeat these statements every time when you are not pleased with the quality of goods or the customer service of this or that company. But do not shout into the open air. Do something that really works. Submit complaints. On the web site www.pissedconsumer.com, you can post all the problems and misunderstandings that happened to you in any company of the world. Sharing your bitter experience will help others to avoid misunderstandings.

Martin said...

I've tried to send them an email today through their website too. From the year 2008 till 2009, their "temporarily unavailable" page is still same ol same.

Anonymous said...

Try send to CUSTOMERCARE@maxis.com.my or dial 123 from your maxis line!

Choo said...

Maxis have been very ignorant to their consumers. for the price that we are paying, it's hard to understand why they can't actually setup a more effective customer support to handle the simplest difficulties. For a better chance of getting your message through, just write directly to Ministry of Domestic Trades and Consumer Affairs.

Alvin Goh said...

Hey there,

There is a new avenue created in Facebook for the cause. You are not alone in condemning the service that is provided by Maxis.

You may want to search
'Disgruntled Customers of Maxis' in the search tab and 'add' as a fan and air your comments there.

Rgds,
Alvin

Post a Comment

Scribble 'em